Sunday

sunday inspiration

My weekends tend to be a combination of duty and artful playtime. The ratio varies depending on the priorities but artful playtime usually wins out in the end.....

My intention this week was to share my exploration of the fabric sampler. I absolutely love this project as its something to keep my hands busy at night when watching tv. However, you can see from the examples I was dreamin' big when I thought I could pick up needle and thread after 30 years. I admit to needing some serious practise prior to making a sampler as planned.




So instead today I worked on a canvas collage for my sons girlfriend Megan. I had a blast working on this project, using papers from a past Studio Calico kit and more paper that comes in my Somerset Studio magazines. I found a favorite quote that captured the message I wanted to send and glazed it finally with gel medium.



the quote is: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" by Eleanor Roosevelt.

love love love the day.... enjoyed a morning snow, cleaned a bit and created some art.

what more can one ask?
maybe a job offer!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I am intriqued by the tin on the right in the first photo. Looks inspiring and like a place to discover neat little items!

Davinie Fiero said...

I can't wait to see that birdie project when you are finished. Looks adorable!

Susan Beth said...

That is a wonderful piece! Love how you are making things beyond the expected! YOu are an inspiration to me.

Kimberly said...

What fun...ALL your creations...and I LOVE that quote too! xoxo
Loves and blessings,
Kimberly

*Paula* said...

All those projects look wonderful!

Denise said...

I absolutely adore your canvas collage. It is awesome. i just bought items to start handstitching. dang...never even thought I should start praticing. LOL!