Sunday

a new addition to my soapbox

I have added a link to the Women of Vision blog to my soapbox interests on the right....

I joined the local chapter of WOV recently and have been reading a lot about the different activities available to me for additional service work. I have to be 100% honest that I recently applied for a job at World Vision (parent company) so my motives might be a bit tilted.

Anyhoo- I recently saw the Dianne Sawyer 20/20 special on "Children of the Mountains" and found it a fascinating documentary revealing great need for the people living in the Appalacian mountains. The Women of Vision organizes an annual trip to the Appalacia region for providing services and the spirit of hope to those in need. The next trip is scheduled for Oct. 2-4 and I plan to take that trip next year. It requires little personal $$$ investment but I am sure it would reap many rewards....

So go check out the blog on the right and see if you see anything that strums at your heartstrings. The Blog also has a link to the main Women of Vision website where you can join your local chapter. Local chapters participate in community service events near your home and abroad.

Let's make a difference together.... just one little effort at a time; we can do it!

No comments: