Tuesday

Who moved my cheese?

I love this book by Spencer Johnson - I think of it often these days. You see, someone has moved my cheese recently and now I am looking for a new source. Not like I couldn't see it coming. The furniture industry has been experienceing a slow decline over the past several years and when the economy started to get shakey, it took a real dive. Retailers, Importers & Manufacturers are being forced to close at a sad pace. I have been fortunate to represent manufacturers to the wholesale clubs for the past 15 years, but like Borack says "Its time for a change." The past 4 years I have had my own business representing several furniture manufacturers. While working from home holds so many benefits it does not come without its drawbacks. I look forward to new oppotunities that include collaboration with others (aka: someone to talk to). Don't get me wrong, Connor (pictured in my banner) is there to listen to me throughout the day. But I'd like more feedback than the occassional ball rolling in my direction, begging to get thrown.

So time for a change - 2008.

No comments: