Friday

long time no post

I am back from my short break. Mostly I was gone because I had absolutely nothing to say. Growing up I remember hearing Baba & mom say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I guess I am keeping true to my teachings because I have kind of been in a funk lately. A little depressed over the incoming job rejections and constant barrage of negative economic news. Packed with the knowledge that "This too shall pass" I am taking a break from a lot of the news programs I usually watch and am focusing on the positive.

To a group of friends and me, November is known as Gratitude month. So I have been writing a list of things to be grateful for and getting together with friends to share our experiences, strength and hope for a better day. Getting together and listening to one another, I am reminded that I can work through any of my issues. It also helps me keep my issues in perspective and be constantly grateful for what I have accomplished thus far in my life.

I was certainly grateful for AAA this week. After finishing a meeting at Costco Wednesday I discovered a very flat tire. All those years paying for AAA I finally got to use it for a rescue tire change. And boy am I grateful to my good friend Todd, a self professed car geek who LOVES to do investagative work. I now know what tires to buy and where the best deal in town is for those tires, alignment & minor mechanical work. It is such a guy thing and this single lady is very grateful to have a guy around to keep me from doing something dumb like pay too much for possibly the wrong product......

I am excited to see another new baby in the family. It must be the year of the girls around here and our little Avery Elizabeth is so darling..... I haven't gotten through to sister Sue yet because I think she has not been home very much (would you be home if you could be next door holding a baby?) oh the memory of baby smells is so strong in me..... puts me in a wonderful state of mind...

I have been busy cleaning up the back garden, winterizing the beds and filling all my compost bins to the brim@! I have also been working on a few Christmas craft projects I will begin sharing soon.... I hope to be back later today with a few layouts I have completed over the past several weeks.... here is one for starters....


See you later today or this weekend.... Have a good day!

1 comment:

vtpuggirl said...

What a wonderful layout to celebrate Nov., just perfect.