Saturday

what a nice saturday in seattle.....

I spent the day outside working in the garden. I know I told myself I was going to wash my car today but the back yard and the mid 70's weather just beckoned..... I had been waiting for a good day to spread the compost throughout the beds.


Compost..... "Black Gold". I find it cool to put old flowers, weeds, and kitchen produce in a barrel and return a year later to this wonder soil and organic fertilizer. It's not quite that simple but I've been composting since the early 80's and still get that awesome sense of accomplishment when your large pile is reduced to this........

Connor was also working hard with me. Always following close behind with the ball just in case I got the urge to play...... we did get some good fun time in the sun today too.


Gosh - I love the look of the gardens with the rich dark soil spread around the borders and feeding my precious roses and flowering shrubs.



I hope to get outside tomorrow afternoon too. I still have the car mats to scrub and looking forward to doing it in the sun after church.....
Great day! Great Weekend!



No comments: