Sunday

a few photos of mom

These 2 photos were in the stack my sister gave me a few weeks ago. I love getting new old photos to play with... first one is of mom when she was 5 years old and on her toes. She was a dancer with the Portland city Ballet until she broke her leg playing on the stairs.... there are some real doozies around with her in some pretty interesting costumes. (calling all jpegs from relatives)


This next one is a photo of mom with one of her best friends Helen Maul. Helen and mom were the garden club mavens in Ridgefield, taking care of the towns gardens & pots for years. I love that mom is in her "Paint Sweater". Here they are setting up for the yearly garden club plant sale.


My heart and prayers go out to Helen right now as she battles colon cancer. I have so many happy memories of her. She was way beyond cool when I was growing up and I really love her. I even planted a vine maple in my back yard when I first moved in "just like Helens".

No comments: