Monday

weekend pleasures


WooHoo! I made 50 holiday cards for our servicemen & servicewomen. This awesome group supports the troops by collecting cards and sending them to our servicemen. You can read more and hopefully get involved here http://cardsforheroes.org/
I read about it over at Stephanie Howells blog last Friday and got inspired to do something. I have left the cards inside blank so that they can use them this Christmas. Using repositionable tape (kokuyo) I placed a little note of appreciation and holiday greeting with instructions about the card re-use on the inside. I want to get them in the mail soon so they have plenty of time to receive and then send back out this Christmas.


Connor enjoys the summer morning while I have coffee and work at the dining table on cards & layout. I enjoy every last bit of warm weather and know that soon we will not be able to leave the back door open.
After completing the cards I pulled out an old photo of my mom & friends in hawaii. I believe it was the last trip she took. I used a lot of items from my current favorite, Studio Calico. The paper and rubon flowers really reminds me of Mom.
Along with this wonderful creative way to spend a pretty weekend, I got more of the garage cleaned out. no photos needed of that one.....

No comments: